Monday, July 12, 2010

rooibos vanilla chai and sopapillas

OK - an odd comb I know. But I just *had* to have some sopapillas today (from Mi Chula's) and the rooibos vanilla chai was the only tea on my desk at the moment that didn't have the word "berry" in it. Surprisingly, they go great together. Actually, I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising since the sopapillas have a nice dusting of cinnamon on them. And they're sopapillas. I mean, really, what wouldn't go well with sopapillas?

The chai is a nice spicy sweet all on its own - definitely a sit up and grab you by the nose kinda tea. It give you that kind of sticky feeling at the back of your mouth that you get when you sip hot cider through a cinnamon stick. In a good way. I like this tea, but I think I will save the rest for a colder day. Since it's a rooibos tea, I could see myself having this before bed, maybe curled up on the sofa watching a rented CSI episode.

No comments: