Friday, July 09, 2010

Tie Guan Yin and Big John's Cajun

After a delicious Pad Kee Mow for lunch, I was left wanting just a little something more. So I settled on some Big John's Cajun cheese and an apple as my "biscuit" today along with a pot of Tie Guan Yin. This oolong tea is light, floral, and less grass-like than most green teas. It actually holds it own against the spicy cheddar (which is to die for - get a sample and try it at your local Whole Foods), which is slightly surprising, but matches very well with the apple (a nicely crunchy Pink Lady that has been sitting on my desk all week waiting to be munched). I also have some cold yogurt pancakes for the baked item (I'm clean out of crackers at the moment) which also match well with this tea.

If you're a cheese fan, definitely get some of the Big John's if you can find it. So far, it seems to go well with just about everything - including hamburgers!

So, a veritable Friday feast today! TGIF y'all!


No comments: